#NepalToursim and #CulturalHeritage indeed has prospects in Nepal, After the devastating earthquake there is more prospect of finding better solution to Nepal's Tourism than prolonging the issue where the relevant departments and ministry seems to be silent in doing any effort. Reality is Nepal's Tourism Leadership saw a shift which should have been an eye opener to work towards better future but still after the new appoint things do look the same.
Its the same old system and same old people they lack leadership and vision about what to do?
when to do and how to do it ?
Nobody has to tell us about what we need to do at this time of crisis but the thing is are we doing it ?
Tourism is a service industry that works with better coordination of public private sectors, its the only sector that has less investment and high revenue generation capacity increasing the optimization of resources.
After earthquake there has not been any progress in terms of strengthening the tourism industry in any ways. For your update a project Name NepalNow was being launched by a private initiation where NTB is still trying to engage with it. Most of the content in the project focuses more about promoting Nepal after the earthquake. we need more projects like these where NTB has to take a lead, its not that we do not have resources but there seems to be a huge gap of WHAT...
It was for earthquake and it is over now let's think about re-branding the tourism industry with better marketing strategy, social media strategy and product positioning. Nobody seems to be interested, i guess its the way how it works here
Everyone is pointing the other way trying to look for solution within others, it seems nobody wants to work for the industry or do their jobs properly.
but in absence of proper infrastructure and #management , things are in a #denial. At this times of #crisis , I think we ought to do a reality check, for what is happening and what we need...
So what does it takes to improve the industry?
- Who is going to take care of the Airport TIA in terms of customer support, cleanlyness, services available, transporatation, security etc
- Similarly, what about the restaurant and hotels, the prices are very high these days ?
- Tourist Security is indeed yet another problem. There has been rise in minor cases of fraud and other iregualrities after the #nepalquake
- Regarding #trekking TIMS needs to be upgraded with better tracking technology. #Transperancy and clarity highly recommended
- Visibility of #volunteers and their operations need to be segregated. There is a very high number of volunteers who visit Nepal just for #volunteering . They need to be acknowledge & verified
- Proper system of information desk required at major tourist arrival spots
- Location mapping and signs at major tourist spots needed
- Promotional and information materials availability is lacked
- Development of Informational system that guides and helps a tourist is needed
- Easy communication channels need to be set up for tourists (FM/Radio/TV/social media)
- Promotion of International and adventure sport with high efficiency and effectiveness
I think it's high time we ought to think about preparing for future and start working for tomorrow.
We cannot sell and beg with earthquake always
We have to start from somewhere, it's better we start today